Friday, July 11, 2008

BET Vs. MTV

By now you all should know how I feel about BET [Black Exploitation Television] and its shows. Someone brought up the idea that I should be boycotting MTV also since it is the source of BET's inspiration for its own shows. Well, I will do no such thing. Mainly because MTV is way better that its Viacom counterpart, but largely due to the fact that BET stands for black entertainment, and as a black person I find it to be a constant embarrassment that only perpetuates negative stereotypes, and that's not very entertaining to me. In short, as a network geared towards expressing Black America, BET continues to fail. It has become merely an opportunity for untalented and uneducated hip hop killers and like-minded television producers to make a quick dollar.

0 comments:

Playboy 120x60 logo Napster, LLC Sirius Satellite Radio Inc.