Monday, August 31, 2009

Whitney Houston "I Look To You" Album Review


Well, shes back with a new album in stores today. And if you're wondering why folks are coming out with albums today, a Monday, its because August 31 is the cut off date for Grammy nominations 2009–2010.
With production from Akon, Danja, R. Kelly, StarGate, and Swizz Beatz Whitney returns to the scene with a lukewarm album. I'm sorry to dash anyone's hopes [how many of my readers are long time Whitney fans anyway?], but the album is not that great. To me it really doesn't have that signature Whitney attitude/ swag/ funk/ whatever, and maybe that's because she only has writing credits on two of the 11 songs. Just about all the songs are all lovey-dovey. One would think that after all the drug problems and the divorce from long time husband Bobby Brown, Whitney would be singing a different tune. And this is Whitney Houston; "I Wanna Dance With Somebody", "I Will Always Love You", "Greatest Love of All", "I'm Every Woman", "You Give Good Love", "I Have Nothing", "Saving All My Love for You", etc! Don't hate me for ragging on the lyrics, cause they don't quite cut it. She actually sings, "I'm a soulja girl" in the albums final track, "Salute". I did say I could faux with it, but after hearing it twice ,I don't know. Over all, I would give this album 2.5 stars out of five. Sorry Whitney...


Click the pic[s] for a larger view.

0 comments:

Playboy 120x60 logo Napster, LLC Sirius Satellite Radio Inc.