Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Ummmm.....


I know I'm not the only one who has been seeing these commercials. Late last year I reported the bankruptcy of Wachovia, but this new merger is news to me. First off, what the hell is Wells Fargo? Never heard of them in my life. According to their website, "Wells Fargo and Wachovia are joining forces. The result? The creation of one of the strongest financial companies in the nation. We are a financial company with a legendary reputation for strength and stability, based on a smart investing style and uncompromising standards." I seriously doubt anyone can claim to have a reputation for strenght and stability if half of the company is just now getting back on its feet due to a recent banckruptcy. Second, and this may sound like a dumb question to those who are experts in the area of finance and economics, but how does a bank go bankrupt when large amounts of money is deposited daily by willing customers? Hmmmm, I think I will be depositing my money in Mattress & Trust until this economy gets it's self together.

0 comments:

Playboy 120x60 logo Napster, LLC Sirius Satellite Radio Inc.