Saturday, January 31, 2009

Apparently Being Black is "IN" Right Now, Even for the Republicans


Ok, so get this, yesterday the Republican National Committee appointed Michael Steele, a former Maryland lieutenant governor, as its chairman. He is the first African American to hold this post. How about them apples! Me being the cynicist that I am, I can't help but to wonder if this is another ploy by the party to get more minority votes. We saw it during the race to the Whitehouse when McCain named Sarah Palin as his choice for VP right after Hillary lost the primaries, and now, not even a whole 20 days after Obama stepped into office, we get this. I don't know who this Steele guy is, but I will be keeping my eyes on him.

0 comments:

Playboy 120x60 logo Napster, LLC Sirius Satellite Radio Inc.